Acts of Speech
Acts of Speech is a volume of religious poetry that explores performative, public, and private religious speech and how they construct identity and difference. It blends praise poetry primarily in honor of various Hellenic Gods, including Apollon, the Mousai, Hermes, and Mnemosyne, with more private poems in a tense dance of parasociality and intimacy. Above all, it is a time capsule of experiences frozen in syllable, verse, and image.
Print book: Anywhere that sells print books! Just ask them to carry ISBN 9781735740614. Bookshop.org (USA) and Amazon (many countries) will sell this book, too. Here’s a Google search for the ISBN that can help you.
- “ A Prayer to Helios for the Ninth Lunar Day ” in The Far-Shining One
- “After Erysichthon” in Reckoning 4
- “Helios and Leukothoe” in Illumen (Autumn 2018)
- “To My Love at Lagrange Point Five” in Kaleidotrope
- “What Remains in the Ruins” in Eternal Haunted Summer
- “Pandora: An Afterthought” in Goblin Fruit
- “CDM” in Astropoetica
- “Generation” in With Painted Words
- “Mississippi Apollo” in Eternal Haunted Summer
- “A Prayer to the Mousai at Taughannock Falls” in Eternal Haunted Summer
- At one point, I also had a haiku in AlienSkin, but I think it’s no longer on the Internet.
- Epiphany is my first podcast novel project. It explores loss, grief, and identity. Epiphany is an epistolary political thriller about stopping an assassination attempt.
- “The Waterfall Commune” is a short story in which five twentysomethings conspire to move to a more exciting city in a society where coliving with non-relatives is just not done.
- “Ash Shades” in The Society of Misfit Stories Presents … (February 2019)
- “Dancing with Khronos: Polytheism in Speculative Fiction” in Walking the Worlds 5(2)
- “Is My Libation To-Go Cup Authentic? On Modern Hellenic Polytheism and How We Read the Classics” in Eidolon Journal
- “Review – The Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World” in Walking the Worlds 4(2)